Time for harvesting, taking cuttings and enjoying the garden
Once upon a Lammas Night
When the corn rigs are bonny,
Beneath the Moon’s unclouded light
I held awhile to Annie……….Robert Burns
- Place pumpkins on slates to keep them off the ground.
- Sow vegetables for autumn and winter e.g. cabbage, perpetual spinach.
- Stake tall plants such as lilies and dahlias.
- Collect and dry seed pods for storage. Remember to label them.
- Water and feed containers.
- Harvest and dry onions.
- Prepare new strawberry beds and plant out runners.
- Order spring bulbs.
- Plant out biennials for early flowering next year.
- Take pelargonium cuttings.
- Take semi-ripe cuttings of shrubs.